Sunday, April 24, 2011

Demi Lovato's Windy City Easter Weekend

Demi Lovato's Windy City Easter Weekend

 

Making the cross-country flight to the midwest, Demi Lovato touched down at O'Hare Airport in Chicago, IL on Saturday night (April 23).

The "Camp Rock" cutie was fresh off of an outbound trip from LAX Airport in Los Angeles as she chomped on an apple while patiently waiting for her luggage.

The trip to the Windy City comes just after Miss Lovato sat down with 20/20 to talk about her rehab stint and road to recovery from cutting and an eating disorder.

Of her battle with cutting, Demi told, “It was a way of expressing my own shame, of myself, on my own body. I was matching the inside to the outside. And there were some times where my emotions were just so built up, I didn’t know what to do. The only way that I could get instant gratification was through an immediate release on myself.”

As for her eating disorder, the former Disney star said, “I was compulsively overeating when I was 8 years old … So, I guess, for the past 10 years I’ve had a really unhealthy relationship with food.”

On the right track at this point, Lovato told of turning things around, “I was performing concerts on an empty stomach. I was losing my voice from purging and I literally was so emotionally whacked out that I took it out on someone that meant a lot to me. I take 100 percent full responsibility. The second I kind of came out of my mania and realized what I had done I felt sick. [My family and management team] sat me down and said, ‘You can’t live like this. You need to get help.’ And that’s exactly what I did.”

Hollywood Gossip/
Photo Credit: FlynetOnline.com

Enjoy the pictures of Demi Lovato arriving on a flight at Chicago O'Hare airport (April 23).
 
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment