Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Emma Roberts is 20 years old going on 12

Emma Roberts is 20 years old going on 12



emma1

I think the last time I wrote about Emma Roberts, I tried to be cautious because I didn’t know how many of you felt about her. Turns out I was walking on eggshells for no reason - many of you passionately dislike the girl. She does seem to be quite the pill, and you know what? She’s only going to get worse. Thankfully, I doubt she’s ever going to be as big of a star as her Aunt Julia. Even those who dislike Julia “THAT’S SO TACKY” Roberts have to admit that Julia has (or had) “It”. She was a Star. You could see that from her early films, you could see it when she walked (trotted?) the red carpet - Julia had that elusive quality where you just wanted to watch her because you knew she would be interesting. Her niece… well, Emma does not have that quality. Emma is pretty, boring girl who thinks she’s God’s gift, and girls like that are a dime a dozen.

Anyway, Emma covers the new issue of Seventeen Magazine. She’s promoting her role in Scream 4, where I think she’s like the fifth or sixth lead. This is what Aunt Julia’s pull gets her niece? The sixth lead in the fourth installment horror film? For shame! Anyway, the Seventeen interview is super-boring because Emma only talks in Oprah-esque feel-good soundbytes that mean nothing. The full Seventeen piece is here, and here are some highlights:


    On being 20 years old: “Turning 20 made me realize that I want to be young and have fun. When I was 16, I was very frustrated all the time. I felt like nobody understood me. School was stressful, working was stressful, and it’s a really tough time for girls to be friends. I felt like I was always in a rush to get somewhere, when I had no idea where that was. Now I just feel content, and I feel like that’s a nice place to be. I’ve learned that I want to have great people in my life and lots of love in my life, and just enjoy it. I wish I had realized that sooner.”

    On feeling sexy, and boobs: “Sexy when I was younger always meant boobs, and I’ve never had boobs in my life - so I always felt that sexy was out of the question for me. I used to really want to be that kind of voluptuous girl, and I’ve just kid of embraced that I’m not.”

    Emma on her future husband: “Sometimes when I’m going to sleep, I think, ‘Oh God, my future husband is out there somewhere and I might know him, or I might not, and I wonder what he’s doing and I wonder if he knows me.’ I just always think that’s so fascinating, that even when you were two years old, your future husband was out there somewhere.”

    She writes too: “I write, just to do it for me, because I know, when I’m older, I’ll want to look back and know what was going on in my mind. I look back on journals that I had when I was 15, and it’s so interesting to see that the things that I thought were the end of the world at 15, I barely remember now.”

    On the party scene: “I like to go to parties if I know who’s going to be there, and if it’s people I want to be with. I don’t just go to go. And I always drive myself, because I hate being stuck places—there’s nothing worse that going out and then being stuck!”

    On living alone: “You don’t realize how hard it is to live on your own. But there’s no mom to do your laundry, and make you dinner and to do things for you, and you don’t think about little things like buying paper towels and salt. So moving out was definitely a shock. But I still have sleepovers with my mom sometimes because I miss her so much.”

    On never asking boys about fashion: “I never ask boys’ opinions on clothes, ever. I really think, unless you think the guy has style, don’t ask. So I only ask my girl friends. I don’t trust guys’ opinions on style!”

    She‘s young enough to believe this: “When it comes to love, always be open. Because the second you’re not pining after a boy, or a boyfriend, amazing love comes into your life.”

    She doesn‘t understand boys: “Boys these days don’t really pursue girls. I think they sit back and let girls come to them. And I don’t understand how, if you have feelings for someone, you don’t want to pursue her, and make her feel great about herself!”

[From Seventeen]

I mean… yeah, she’s young. Really young. Younger than most 20 year olds, I would suspect. Oooh, you know who she would just get along with SO WELL? Taylor Swift. They could be immature and talk about boys and glitter together. Except that I kind of expect that two such immature little girls would end up having some kind of terrible bitch-fight if you put them in the same room.

One last thing - Emma’s most recent “rumored boyfriend” is Chace Crawford. Sure. I could see that. Why not just go for Blake Lively’s castoffs and go for Penn Badgley? Or if you just wanted to get laid by someone gross, sexy and furry, I would totally go for Ed Westwick. But girls that age don’t understand the pull of Westwick. Sigh…

emma4

emma2

Here are a few pics from last night’s premiere of Scream 4:

wenn3292221

wenn3292032
 
 
celebitchy/Photos courtesy of Seventeen and WENN.

No comments:

Post a Comment